Rancho Los Gatos
Tucked away in a beautiful canyon at the bottom of San Marcos Pass, Rancho Los Gatos is located only 2 miles from freeway access, but feels worlds apart in a beautiful mountain setting. A long private driveway leads up this recently constructed modern contemporary home, which has a small view of the ocean and islands on clear days. Enjoy soaking in the sunshine on the poolside lounge chairs, or escape the summer heat and read a book in the screened in living room. With such peaceful surroundings and welcoming ambiance you’ll find yourself searching for excuses not to leave.
The master bedroom is located on the upper wing of the house, with a large walk-in closet, en-suite bath with soaking tub. Two guest bedrooms are on the lower wing of the house, with a jack-and-jill bathroom, a layout very well suited to small families. There is a third bedroom with twin beds, and a separate office with a sofa sleeper. With 3300 square feet on over 7 acres, this beautiful home is like your own private retreat.
What we love:
- Floor-to-ceiling windows make the most of the natural surroundings and bring the beauty of the outdoors into the indoor space.
- The screened-in living room is even better than an open air space, with a comfortable seating area, wet bar and a layout that lets in all of the breezes and none of the bugs.
- Original art and beautiful sculptural pieces make for aesthetic enjoyment of the interior along with the landscape.
- Being so close to wine country in the Santa Ynez valley makes for easy exploration of the entire area.
What you should know:
- This house is 6 miles (a 10 minute drive) to downtown State Street and 6 miles (a 13 minute drive) to Hendry’s Beach.
- There is a one bedroom, one bath guesthouse on the lower end of the property that is available to rent in conjunction with the main house.
- Master Bedroom with king size bed, his and hers walk-in closets and en-suite split bath with glassed shower stall, soaking tub and dual sinks.
- Two Guest Bedrooms with queen size beds and jack-and-jill bathroom with shower stall and single sink.
- Guest Bedroom with two twin beds
- Powder Room
- Office with sofa sleeper and walk-in closet
- Family room adjacent to office with large flat screen television with surround sound, basic cable, Blu-ray and Apple TV
- Living room with wood-burning fireplace and cathedral ceilings
- Fully stocked gourmet kitchen and adjacent dining room that seats eight
- Screened-in separate seating area with wet bar
- Outdoor chaise lounges (2), chairs (2) and table with chairs (4)
- Swimming pool
- Ceiling fans
- Forced air heating system
- Stereo system
- Wireless internet